|Woman loses everything in fire; donations being sought|
|Sunday, 27 December 2009 21:36|
The fire that destroyed the apartments in the Arcola Post Office building last week has displaced Amanda Ramsey and her two children. Ramsey’s Christmas tree caught fire and forced the evacuation of everyone in the building. Everyone escaped and there were no injuries reported.
All of the tenants’ belongings were lost and the owners of the building do not know yet if they will repair or demolish it.
Ramsey’s sister, Christina VanEvery, has said an Amanda Ramsey Fire Fund has been set up at Farmers & Merchants Bank for anyone who would like to make a donation to Ramsey.
For more information, call VanEvery at 693-0549.
Other articles in Local
Fireworks ordinance passes 24 July 2014
Legion and Auxiliary members celebrate birthdays 24 July 2014
Car Show makes donation to Food Pantry 24 July 2014
CHS Class of 1979 35-year reunion 24 July 2014
Churubusco Youth Football registration 24 July 2014
Faith Lutheran Church Annual Chicken BBQ 24 July 2014
Green Township Ice Cream Social 24 July 2014
Long named to Dean’s List 24 July 2014
Illusionist at Church of the Nazarene 16 July 2014